How do you feel about Splitting the check with everyone when you only had a salad? Here are some tips on how to have fun with your friends and get more control of your finances along the way.
One thing I learned very quickly, was to become the one in charge of coming up with ideas! So, here are a few:
1. Become a fan of going for walks as a group.
2. Take a tour of all of the FREE places in your home town. We did this a few summers ago, and found more than 30 places I had never heard of! It was awesome.
3. Throw a ‘POT LUCK’ dinner at your home. If you do it once a week, where everyone brings a dish, before long, you will be eating left overs that you didn’t pay for!
4. Start a book club at home, you supply the place, glasses and ice, and of course the topic of discussion. Your friends bring the bubbly & crackers and cheese.
5. Have an Oldies Movie night at home with the girls.
6. Make-Overs and New Do’s sleep over night. Just like in high school. I’m 41, and my friends LOVE these!!
One thing to remember, If you are having a hard time, they may be in the same boat as you are. Maybe they are just too shy to talk about it.
You can do this. Just give it a try.